Friday, November 10, 2006

Chris

This portrait of Chris was painted when he was much younger and prepared to sit still long enough [thanks to TV] for me to capture his image in a more painterly way. Having studied the pastel work of Degas' Bathers, I remember being fascinated and strongly influenced by the colours he used to make up flesh tones. Our elder son Tim was away at this time and the opportunity to try his portrait - him and Sarah together? is something I'd love to do.

I do very little portraiture and spent hours getting this likeness of my son as 'real' to me as possible. Working from a photograph set in his favourite habitat I feel I couldn't have done this style justice without knowing and loving the subject!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Prue I am stunned, congratulations.You have gone ahead in leaps and bounds, it has all happened so quickly.The picture you did for me of the coconut tree on Hamilton I will treasure forever.
Happy Christmas will write soon, with all my love Tim

9:52 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home