Friday, November 17, 2006

Further Life Studies

Life Study - Acrylics
65 x 78 cm
Exhibited at 2005 South Holland Exhibition, Spalding.
The occasional chance to join a life group is always seized with anticipation so I tried using a variety of mark making techniques to paint the energy and vigour of the multiple poses. This included brush, brush end and bamboo stick. Exciting, exhausting and exhilarating.

Life Study - Watercolour

40 x 68 cm - framed and on our walls at home.

This was a privileged chance to study life in it earliest form and working in watercolour - a medium I use infrequently - added to the immediate fragility. Using large brushes and working with speed throughout the session, we did several studies leading to this final one - a favourite.

Life Study - Acrylics

Owned by Nancy and selected in 2006 on her recent visit to England

This was a challenging opportunity to capture in one sitting an unusual study from a difficult angle. I set out to work in reflected tone and blocks of colour using large brush marks.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure this is the best way of letting you know I've found your blogsite Prue, but I still think you're an absolute genius in whatever art field you seem to take up. I do like this life study, the moving one we saw in your studio. Certainly appeals to my own art preferences! Keep up the GREAT work...Monica too :-)

9:57 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home